I was tasked with creating a comprehensive New Hire Onboarding Program for the Services team. I was solely responsible for
- Identifying and partnering with Subject Matter Experts from across the organization
- Creating a 4-Level strategic evaluation plan using the Kirkpatrick philosophy)
- Performing multiple gap analyses to identify needs beyond training
- The design and development of every deliverable
- Creation of a Social Learning program
- Implementation of the program (acting as facilitator and course director for all programs)
This program was so well-received, I was asked to re-tool it and roll it out to the entire company.
The program relies on three pillars (which align with the three pillars of Self-Determination Theory—autonomy, competence, and relatedness):
- Self-Paced Asynchronous eLearning (AUTONOMY): Articulate Rise, Articulate Storyline, Video, LMS Surveys and Quizzes work together to allow learners to (a) progress at their own pace, (b) choose whether or not to dive deeper into topics with optional enrichment opportunities, (c) work when they choose, across time zones and work schedules.
- Authentic Learning Activities (COMPETENCE): Learners are given opportunities for practice with feedback and reflection and self-direction through learning activities based on course objectives (which are low-level enabling objectives, tied to common Critical Performance Behaviors).
- Social Learning (RELATEDNESS): Peer learning (Community of Practice) and Coaching (Cognitive Apprenticeship) leverage social connection to support/provide scaffolding during the onboarding process—these social supports serve as an onramp to the peer and leader support they will encounter once they begin role and product training. See an overview of the social learning program here.
Please click the button below to contact me if you would like to see compliance course samples because they are password protected. If you already have the password, click the “Visit the Page” button.